What is a Meniscal Transplant?
Meniscal Transplant Clearwater is a procedure to replace a non-functional meniscus with cadaver tissue. This can prevent the progression of arthritis and help to relieve pain. The Meniscus is the prime shock absorber in the knee. Meniscal Transplants are often done as an arthroscopic procedure to make surgery less invasive and improve the speed of recovery time.
What causes a torn/non-functional meniscus?
A torn meniscus can be caused by a number of different things. Some of the most common causes are listed below:
- Trauma to the knee
- A sudden pivot or turn
- Heavy lifting or deep squatting
- Normal Aging (slow tear)
What are the Symptoms?
Torn Ligaments in the knee are one of the most common knee injuries. While imagining is needed to confirm the injury, some symptoms of a torn knee ligament are:
- Immediate Swelling
- Inability to put weight on the knee without experiencing pain
- A knee popping or clicking sensation
- Limited motion or movement
- Instability or a feeling of looseness at the joint