Are you experiencing pain in your
- Ankle joint
- Achilles tendon
- Front and back of your shin
Your ankle is made of an intricate network of bones, ligaments, tendons, nerves and muscles. Although it is strong enough to bear your body weight it is very flexible and prone to injury and pain. Mild ankle pain may respond well to home treatments you should see your doctor for severe ankle pain, especially following an injury.
Conditions that cause ankle pain are:
- Fracture or dislocation of the ankle
- Sprain/strain of ligaments of the ankle
- Osteo-arthritis of the ankle
- Bursitis of the Achilles tendon
- Inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and gout
- Avascular necrosis
Our doctors provide extensive diagnostic and evaluation processes through x-rays, MRIs and ankle arthroscopy. We provide conservative care with physical therapy, taping, splinting and joint shots and surgery as indicated for fracture and ligament repair.
Our surgeons are certified in sports orthopaedics and provide extensive acute care management and rehabilitation for sports injuries.